[wp-hackers] Pagination wp_query variable bug?

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Tue Aug 21 16:53:26 UTC 2012

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 11:02 AM, Matt Slocum <mattslocum at sharefaith.com> wrote:
> I have a plugin that puts blog posts onto a page. (This means I use a
> custom new WP_Query) It has been working great until recently a user put
> attempted to set the page with blog posts as his static front page.

I don't know the specifics of the problem, however the general
approach here strikes me as a bit nutty. :)

Basically, you're putting Posts onto a Page and then making that Page
into the Front. This is a bit of a backwards thinking sort of
approach, considering that the default behavior is to put the latest
Posts onto the Front by default. Seems like you'd be better served by
customizing the main query instead and not using a Page on Front at
all.

-Otto