[wp-hackers] Sort of virtual post_type gathering its informations from an other database

Lox lox.dev at knc.nc
Sun Aug 19 10:42:52 UTC 2012

Hello

I have the case of a big external database containing records that I need
to display like regular posts. I get the databse as daily dumps.
It has so many records that importing the records into wordpress as regular
"post type" isn't a solution.

I need to search into those records and then display the results. That part
is ok.

I then need to display each result on its own page when clicked. This
"virtual single posts" are going to be accessible from an url endpoint,
lets say http://mysite/virtual/my-post-name

How would you suggest handling the display of such a records from an other
database like if it was a regular post ?

Regards.

--
Lox
lox.dev at knc.nc