[wp-hackers] "Dealing with people" taxonomies, users or links?!

Diana K. C dianakac at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 19:50:28 UTC 2012

I have set custom content for manage events, conferecens, files etc eveything working fine and neat, now I'm struggling with this:

Events (post types) that need set speakers, while these speakears are quite the same on regular basis. There is need for a mini curriculum with picture and text, linked in site link etc

Not really sure what can be done, so I'm considering this:
  a.. Set data as WP users, though I can't figure out how to link them to a post (I suppose creating a metabox for retrieve users and keep them as a metadata, but maybe this is wrong?)
  b.. "Taxonomies Extra Fields" (http://en.bainternet.info/2012/wordpress-taxonomies-extra-fields-the-easy-way) never tried this but seems suitable.
  c.. Maybe a misused approach but set a Link Category and keep people there :) (not sure how could link the data to a post though)

I would like to know how you are handling this data type in WP.

Thanks!

dianakcury.com
about.me/dianakc