[wp-hackers] set/modify the auto-incrementing ID of the wp_postmeta.

Haluk Karamete halukkaramete at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 21:12:13 UTC 2012

Is it OK to index the meta_value field of the wp_postmeta?
According to phpmyadmin, meta_id, post_id and meta_key are already indexed.
I'm sure there must be a good reason for meta_value to come not indexed.

But what if you want indexed.
With 32M recs in it now, I'm getting no response from the phpmyadmin
when I query meta_value for a specific value.
post_id, meta_id takes about 0.0X secs. querying meta_val simply times out.

That brought the question, well, should we indexed the table? The only
field not indexed there is the meta_val.
Even if you go say to that? well, how am I gonna index that huge data.
It's already 5Gb.

For sure, it will time out, if I try the running it from the command
line 9 which I do not know how to begin with ), how long would it
take? Will I be able to stop the process ( when started from the
command line ) in case it slows down database server  effecting my
live web site.