[wp-hackers] set/modify the auto-incrementing ID of the wp_postmeta.

Bryan Petty bryan at ibaku.net
Fri Aug 10 23:38:06 UTC 2012

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 5:25 PM, Haluk Karamete <halukkaramete at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to internally set/modify the auto-incrementing ID of a
> mysql table, specifically the wp_postmeta?

Yes, "ALTER TABLE wp_postmeta AUTO_INCREMENT = ###", however, I would
still just recommend you backup the database, run your test, and then
restore from the backup instead. It's easier, probably quicker, and
works the same way nearly every time no matter what you're testing
(unless it also involves files on disk).

Regards,
Bryan Petty