[wp-hackers] Redactor WYSIWYG Editor for WP

Stas Sușcov stas at nerd.ro
Thu Aug 2 20:01:41 UTC 2012

În data de Thu, 02 Aug 2012 22:18:28 +0300, Mike Schinkel
<mike at newclarity.net> a scris:

> On Aug 2, 2012, at 10:30 AM, Otto wrote:
>>> If you care, you can fork version 7.6.1:
>>> https://github.com/imperavi/redactor-js/blob/master/js/redactor/redactor.js
>>
>> If they've switched licenses to the point where we can't use any later
>> versions, then using the code makes no sense as there's no longer a
>> viable upgrade path.
>
> I was going to say the exact same thing, but Otto said it more elegantly.

I don't see it that elegant.
I also don't believe such decisions should be adopted in great open-source
projects: "If it's no longer supported, we won't bother looking at it...".
But, that's just my opinion.

Mike, me and others (I believe) are definitely looking forward if
someone's going to make a plugin out of it, personally I'm keeping an eye
on that project, as I see it as one of the most decent wysiwygs that can
replace dinosaurs like tinymce.