[wp-hackers] Header image in WordPress plugin repository

Mike Schinkel mike at newclarity.net
Wed Aug 1 00:33:45 UTC 2012

Hi Dion (and others),

Don't know if you or anyone else has noticed but the banner image is being served with Content Type "application/octet-stream" instead of with "image/jpeg."  Not a big deal but it's not correct HTTP and more practically it causes a browser to download the file rather than display it if accessed directly via a URL.  FWIW.

-Mike