[wp-hackers] Where to insert mobile redirect code?

Aaron Campbell aaron at bluedogwebservices.com
Mon Apr 16 14:22:46 UTC 2012

Here's a high-level view of how WP Super Cache works:
* When a page is loaded the first time it's cached and stored as a static
html file.
* When a person visits the site, there are rules in the .htaccess that
check if a cached (static) file is available.
* If there is, it simply serves that file and ends.

So basically none of your code is going to run on a cached page load
because it serves the static file.  Quite a while ago Donncha made it
mobile-friendly <http://ocaoimh.ie/2009/06/19/go-mobile-with-supercache/> (when
that post was made is was still in beta, but the code is in the released
version now).  You'll need to turn on "Mobile device support" and work from
there.  Basically it caches mobile versions of page on a per-device basis
and it sounds like your code is going to keep it from ever creating that
cache, so mobile devices should always end up running your code.

Aaron D. Campbell
BlueDog Web Services <http://bluedogwebservices.com>
@BlueDogWeb <http://twitter.com/BlueDogWeb>