[wp-hackers] Register_Taxonomy, when is it needed?

Haluk Karamete halukkaramete at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 16:52:36 UTC 2012

>>We could store all those options as a serialized array in the wp_option
table, but there's really no point, since we don't have any UI for
registering taxonomies from wp-admin.

Are you saying that there are no benefits of having a table called
something like "wp_taxonomy" where all the "taxonomy" information such
as taxonomy_id , taxonomy_name, hierarchial or not, rewrite stuff and even
the "taxonomy_description" and so on? I don't get it.

And what do you mean by " we don't have any UI for registering taxonomies
from wp-admin. "