[wp-hackers] Wordpress 3.3.1 wp_rewrite bug

zhaiziming at gmail.com zhaiziming at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 18:14:21 UTC 2012

Hey guys,

I just upgraded my wordpress from 2.9.2 to 3.3.1, and some of the
category pages are broken. Wordpress treats these pages as posts or
attachments instead. The problem is that some post "post-name" is the
same as category "slug".

In the parse_request() function, it applies all the rewrite rules to the
request. When it finds a match, it will use get_page_by_path( $matches[
$varmatch[1] ] ) to check if there is a post exists, and stop the rest
of the process when the condition is true.

Is there any suggestion to fix this problem. I don't want to modify
wordpress code.

Thanks,

James