[wp-hackers] lots of category items

Haluk Karamete halukkaramete at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 16:43:56 UTC 2012

Excellent advise mike. But the problem is there is no such database. The current db is in mssql and the current site is in asp.  We are migrating 15k records (videos and articlsr and news links etc )from various mssql tables to Wordpress.  The old system got some categorization/classification/taxonomization whatever we want to call it) but one table's classification is not the same as the other one.

We wanted to put an end to this and bring a law and order. We came up with a simpler classification system where we group items by media type, audience group intended, collection type (tutorials, debates,interviews etc) And topics etc etc. Well the old table's don't  have those but somehow similar classifications. We want to do the migration programmatically.

The new db may be implemented differently. That's where my original question stemmed from.

So to test/measure, I need to do two migrations right? Which won't happen. I was seeking the community's gut feeling as to how much of a concern is this speed thing all about so I pick the proper taxonomy style.

If the category boxes had a way to be splitted up from the top levels and appear like sep taxonomies, I would not question this and I would go for one taxonomy=category approach.

But such an option does not exists as gas as I know.

Sent from iPhone