[wp-hackers] lots of category items

Casey Bisson casey.bisson at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 19:36:55 UTC 2012

Haluk:

I'm not sure your presumptions about query performance for multiple taxonomies are correct.

WP3.4 is making some changes in this area that I haven't looked at, but a I think a taxonomy query with multiple terms is same whether or not those terms are in the same taxonomy. By the time the MySQL is generated, it's just a bunch of term_taxonomy_ids, whether those represent category terms or some mix of taxonomies is irrelevant.

--Casey Bisson
http://maisonbisson.com/
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/scriblio/