[wp-hackers] Image error "empty string or invalid image in..."

Matt Slocum mattslocum at sharefaith.com
Mon Apr 2 19:57:34 UTC 2012

The wp_load_image() function is only called in the WP core when you are
doing an image resize or crop. If you are loading that many images as once
you should not be doing realtime resizing/cropping. Can you figure out a
way to save these images and then just put the image as standard HTML
instead of creating them dynamically?

Maybe there is something else going on, but it is hard to tell.