[wp-hackers] Best approach

Stas Suscov stas at nerd.ro
Mon Sep 19 04:39:03 UTC 2011

I was working recently on an events plugin and the solution I found was to offer the end-user both: the available list of locations and a way to fill-in a new location if that's missing. The good part here is that your code will always work, even if your next user is from a location you never heard of.
There was also no need of hierarchical organization, a simple City, ST(ATE) entry was enough to create a new term. But it depends on the filters you might need when searching posts.