[wp-hackers] Limit visible posts to a specific user

John Blackbourn johnbillion+wp at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 20:04:14 UTC 2011

On 11 September 2011 20:22, Christopher Ross <cross at thisismyurl.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to limit the posts a specific logged in user can see while viewing the Posts list in the admin? I want to be able to show an author only the posts that they've submitted rather than the posts submitted by all authors.

If the user has the role of Author or Contributor they'll only be
shown their own posts by default. They see a new 'Mine' tab next to
'Published', 'Draft', etc.

You can mimic this functionality for other roles by using the 'author'
query variable, eg. example.com/wp-admin/edit.php?author=3. Probably
be quite easy to knock up a plugin which adds the 'Mine' link for all
roles.

John