[wp-hackers] Configuring WordPress Environment / Server

Jeffrey Nolte jnolte at getmoxied.net
Sun Oct 30 21:00:20 UTC 2011

Hello WP Hackers,

I am in the process of setting up a development / hosting environment for all of the WordPress sites we develop and thought I could look to the community for some insight / options.   I have listed below what we currently have setup and would love some insight if I am headed in the right direction or if anyone can share their own experience. Having worked with WordPress for the past several years, we are now moving in the direction of solely working with WordPress as our go to platform and this is the first step.

We have recently moved over to using capistrano for deployment as well as git for version control.  We will be developing all sites locally then pushing to the server listed below.

At this stage I have:
Linode 512 LEMP Stack
Ubuntu 10.04
NGINX - 0.7.65
PHP 5.3.8
MySQL 5.1.41

My thoughts for the remaining components:
Single install of WP to manage all sites (using symlinks to point to respective directories etc)
Using AWS for all static files
...would love to hear more insight / feedback / etc.

Thank you in advance,

Jeffrey Nolte
Moxie Media Group, Inc.
594 Broadway #305