[wp-hackers] Enhancements to Settings API

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Sat Oct 22 16:24:08 UTC 2011

Creating tabbed Theme settings pages, using the Settings API? Funny you
should mention that. :)
http://www.chipbennett.net/2011/02/17/incorporating-the-settings-api-in-wordpress-themes/

I've actually polished up the approach considerably since then, including
dynamic output of the form-field markup, dynamic calls to
add_settings_section() and add_settings_field(), and dynamic validation
based on data type. See Oenology for example code:
https://github.com/chipbennett/oenology/blob/master/functions/options-register.php

(Note that, I even include an example of a Theme setting ("varietals", or
"skins") that requires custom markup/validation.)

Chip