[wp-hackers] Which editor do you use?

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at newclarity.net
Mon Oct 17 21:56:48 UTC 2011

On Oct 17, 2011, at 5:30 PM, Eric Mann <eric at eam.me> wrote:
> Like VS, PhpStorm gives you intellisense support, but only for the code *in
> your project*.  So if you want syntactic suggestions for core WP
> functionality, you need to load the entire WP codebase in your project ...
> rather than just loading the plugin or theme you're actively developing.
> There might be a workaround or two for this, but I haven't found them yet.

Interesting. It has never even occurred to me not to load entire WP code base into my project, especially since you can have multiple version control repositories represented in a project.

I agree, I can't even image how constricting it would be not to have intellisense for core WP function when coding. Even worse would be not having the "jump to function" functionality, which I use constantly, to see exactly what a core WP function does (or what any other function does, for that matter.)

-Mike