[wp-hackers] Awe

Brian Layman wp-hackers at thecodecave.com
Tue Oct 4 15:39:13 UTC 2011

On 10/4/2011 11:13 AM, sam auciello wrote:
>> By the way, I think it is unlikely Google et al will smile benignly on
>> anyone doing automatic content copying across multiple sites!
>>

> I'm confused as to how this affects Google.
>
> Peace
> ~Sam

If you have content on your site that is exactly identical to content
that is on other sites, Google will reduce your page rank and you won't
often come up in the results because you will be classified as a spam
blog (splog).  That's why it is important to actively fight splogs that
steal your content.  Probably the best way to do so is to notify Google
of their existence in webmaster tools to get them removed from the
index. Contacting the splogs will have mixed results at best.

The concern about this plugin is that it would viewed as sort of gray
hat splogging :) because it is voluntary.

--
Brian Layman