[wp-hackers] Blatant Copying of Plugin Code

Phillip Lord phillip.lord at newcastle.ac.uk
Mon Oct 3 11:15:02 UTC 2011

The GPL doesn't allow what he is claiming. He says that his author name
has been removed. GPL allows you to use other peoples content, but the
copyright on that content remains with the originators. The GPL requires
"appropriate copyright notice" on modified forms; as the copyright
remains (in part) with the original author this would have to be
included.

The GPL does allow you rebadge things; but you have to be clear that
this is what you have done.

Phil