[wp-hackers] Image Management Enhancements in 3.3?

Dion Hulse (dd32) wordpress at dd32.id.au
Mon Oct 3 02:49:02 UTC 2011

Ah, well yes it does have that functionality.. Just not through those handy
Classes.
The File upload handlers have (for a long time) accepted any upload that you
trigger them with, and has the ability to set custom image sizes which might
be croped. There's hooks for meta geenration at which you can trigger other
image manipulations (such as croping a image via POST data).
Ultimately, it's not handed to you on a silver platter, but the
functionality you need are there - I suspect you'll write it yourself though
out of frustration from there not being a clear example as how to achieve
that all though.