[wp-hackers] Include in functions.php

Christopher Ross cross at thisismyurl.com
Tue Nov 15 18:48:39 UTC 2011

Is it an external PHP? If so, my suggestion is to create a new folder in your theme directory and then include this code in your functions.php file (change the file name and directory as needed) .

$function_include = dirname( __FILE__ ) . '/external/example.php' ;
if ( file_exists( $function_include) ) require_once( $function_include );

that way, you can update the script later without affecting your functions.php file. If it'll always exist, you can skip the test.

Chris