[wp-hackers] wp_insert_posts?

Ryan Frankel ryan.frankel at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 21:12:41 UTC 2011

All,
  Is there a function similar to wo_insert_post that can INSERT multiple posts into the db at the same time (i.e. not call INSERT over and over)?  I have thousands of posts to insert into my db from an API pretty often and it looks like the long pole in the execution time is all of the inserts.  It would be nice to have a function like wp_insert_posts for multiple post additions using multiple VALUEs that mysql supports.  I realize I can probably modify the wp_insert_post code to do it but I figured I would ask so I don't reinvent the wheel.

ryan