[wp-hackers] how to add custom taxonomies to the post screen

Kailey Lampert trepmal at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 04:31:24 UTC 2011

Adding 'post' makes the custom taxonomy's box appear in the admin.

register_taxonomy( 'taxonomy_name', array( '*post*', 'custom_post_type' ),
$args );

You may also need to have the 'show_ui' parameter in $args set to true.

add_action('init', function() {
register_taxonomy('custom_tax','post',array(
    'label' => 'Custom',
    'show_ui' => true,
    ));
});