[wp-hackers] Fixing some SSL cases for 3.4

Pauli Price pauli.price at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 20:46:44 UTC 2011

Here¹s a transcript from #wordpress-dev.  Seeking guidance on how to move
forward with this.  It¹s clear that we don¹t have a consensus yet.

Discussion happens here, on the wp-hackers?  Or on a trac ticket?

Is it appropriate to consolidate these tickets?  If so how?

======== transcript follows ==========

marfarma:
  I'd like to help resolve these related tickets for 3.4 - anybody working
on them? #13941, #15928, #18017, #19023, #18005

trac-bot:
  http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/13941 Future Release,
micropat->ryan, new, WP_CONTENT_URL should use site_url() to support HTTPS /
SSL
  http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/15928 Future Release, atetlaw->(no
owner), assigned, wp_get_attachment_url does not check for HTTPS
  http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/18017 minor, Future Release,
jkudish->jkudish, new, set_url_scheme() function
  http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/19023 high, Awaiting Review,
joostdevalk->nacin, reviewing, Images in Edit Comments break SSL
  http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/18005 minor, Awaiting Review,
rfc1437->(no owner), reopened, mixed http/https installation and
add_custom_background / body_class

nacin:
  That's one chunk of tickets.
  Yeah, I'd definitely like to tackle all of that for 3.4.

marfarma:
  but all the same underlying problem

nacin:
  Indeed.

rboren:
  Fixing those SSL cases and using home_url() everywhere it is needed would
be nice for 3.4.

rboren:
  And, dare I say it, introduce 'relative' as a scheme argument.

marfarma:
  relative -- isn't that a 'live-wire' topic?
  as in 'untouchable'

nacin:
  I'd like to do protocol-independent, at least.
  like //
  anyway,

(nacin is now known as nacin|afk.)

rboren:
  It'd just be an arg for use by plugin and theme authors. No core movement
to it.  Anyhow, just something we might want to discuss.

AaronCampbell:
  I like the idea of being able to do relative links when it makes sense

iamfriendly:
  where's the "+1 million" button?
  what do you mean I don't get a million votes?

======== transcript ends ==========

Pauli (aka: marfarma)