[wp-hackers] Reviews for Plugins

Mike Bijon mike at etchsoftware.com
Wed Nov 2 08:15:23 UTC 2011

The plugin API doesn't have much available info, and it needs enhancements
or you'll need to spider the whole thing to know what changes. Here's a
sample echo-to-screen implementation to sniff around with:
https://gist.github.com/1332406

As for building a better plugin rating system, someone mentioned DSP's.
They're usually slow (and worse in PHP), but worth trying if we can get
data to work with.

Does anyone on the core team (dd32 since he built this API?) know if the
votes could be anonymized & exported? We'd really just need to plugin ID,
vote score, and date -- totally anon.

-Mike