[wp-hackers] Reviews for Plugins

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Tue Nov 1 20:41:32 UTC 2011

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 3:20 PM, Eric Mann <eric at eam.me> wrote:
> The biggest stumbling block here is integration with the repository.
>
> So to anyone in-the-know about WordPress.org ... is there an API available
> for this so we could put together a patch?  Just thinking things through,
> we'd probably need some kind of authentication hook (OAuth?) so that people
> only vote once.  Besides that, just knowing *how* to submit the vote and
> get rating information back from the system would be valuable.
>
> Unless such an API already exists or could be built ... we aren't going to
> get much further than screenshots and mockups.

No API or way to do this exists at this time.

The problem with the stars is that the user clicking them would have
to have a WordPress.org account. This isn't doable unless you figure
out some way to work around that.

Also, I don't necessarily like the idea of the stars being visible
right in the admin. Kinda cluttery, and relying too much on .org
connectivity. Maybe an alternate approach entirely should be
considered first.

-Otto