[wp-hackers] Reviews for Plugins

Marcus Pope Marcus.Pope at springbox.com
Tue Nov 1 19:29:36 UTC 2011

I really like this idea too. But in the spirit of recent statements about "can it be done without a core update?" would adding a "vote here" link to the wordpress plugin page for your plugin (and url param options for the correct version) suffice? I'm referring to the same place people usually put "visit plugin site" links.  Not as convenient as direct star integration, but then again some plugins work perfectly for my needs but not for other people. And so seeing a two star rating on a plugin I use for a client might make them say "woah, i dont like that there is a two star plugin in my site!"

Who knows. But the I like the idea of driving more traffic to that feature, and custom links are supported now.  And it avoids integrating wp.org login workflow into the admin portal.

And im with others that reminders to vote (or donate for that matter) do get annoying. But "classy" links or stars sound great! :)

Marcus Pope