[wp-hackers] cropping custom images sizes independently

Steve Taylor steve at sltaylor.co.uk
Sun May 29 15:27:27 UTC 2011

Hi,

It's great that you can adjust the cropping on the thumbnail
independent of the full size image with the WP image editor. However,
what about the medium size, the large size, and custom image sizes?

I can't seem to find a plugin that addresses this, and there seem to
be no hooks at all to modify the wp_image_editor functionality. My
guess is that you'd need to build your own interface to handle this,
which is a bit beyond my scope at the moment, and seems a shame. The
code in image-edit.php suggests that you'd just need extra radio
inputs under "Apply changes to" for other image sizes. I've not tried
hacking this file cos even if it'll work, I wouldn't want to implement
core hacks.

Anyway, has anyone managed this?

cheers,

Steve Taylor