[wp-hackers] Strange bug with CPT

Leo Baiano ljunior2005 at gmail.com
Fri May 27 13:24:19 UTC 2011

Hi,

I came across what appears to be a wordpress bug and was wondering if any of
you ever experienced this or can explain what happens.

I created a CPT (custom post type) is 'product' an archive file and
archive-product.php to view the posts. The register_post_type is configured
correctly by setting the "has_archive" => true, and the administrative panel
CPT works perfectly, the problem is that when there are no posts
registrations rather than see a message stating that it has no content error
404 file not found.

Well, since it seems silly to publish a post the page works correctly, but I
was curious.

Has anyone experienced this or have any idea why this happens?

The impression is that WP only creates the redirect after post when it has
published.

--
Amplexos,

Leo Baiano