[wp-hackers] /extend repo requirements

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Thu May 19 18:42:39 UTC 2011

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 12:25 PM, Travis Northcutt
<travis at travisnorthcutt.com> wrote:
> Would whoever makes these decisions (who is that?) be opposed to explicitly
> stating that? What's the downside of explicitly stating it (and giving a
> reason)?
> --
> Travis Northcutt

I am not a decision maker in this matter, but I have found that
explicitly stating things along these lines tends to lead to arguments
when people do things which are nevertheless bad/not-allowed, but not
explicitly stated as such. I think it should be obvious that wp.org is
its own site and will host things at its own discretion.

There doesn't have to be a rule to cover every possible contingency.

-Otto