[wp-hackers] Including javascript in the footer

Dylan Kuhn dylan.k.kuhn at gmail.com
Tue May 17 17:19:52 UTC 2011

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 7:03 AM, Otto <otto at ottodestruct.com> wrote:

> There does not have to be only one Loop through the main posts on the
> page. I don't know where people get this assumption from, but if you
> assume that there is one-and-only-one main Loop, then you will
> invariably write code that breaks, badly, when this is not the case.
> I've seen several plugins break because of this particular incorrect
> assumption.

So would multiple Loops mean multiple trips through the main query results,
or multiple queries with different results? If it's the latter, I'd like to
know where I can learn more.

I still use instances of WP_Query frequently in my templates to loop through
content related in different ways to the main query. Is that wrong? How
would you look ahead at that content?

-dylan-