[wp-hackers] wp_get_categories modification

Sean Newham seanseviltwin at gmail.com
Sun May 15 20:18:07 UTC 2011

Hey guys,
I created a duplicatethe  wp_get_categories function to try to only pick
categories of one type. Upon reading the code, I thought it would be as easy
as adding the 'type'=>'typename' variable to the default options, and as it
calls get_category, I thought everything  would be hunkydory, but it's not
working - it gives exactly the same output as without. I tried reading the
source of walk_category_tree, but tbh this is the first time I have seen the
walker and I'm not even sure if that is remotely related to the problem.

Hopefully you can see I'm trying, you are my last resort wp-hackers list!
Best wishes,
Sean