[wp-hackers] Complicated Rewrites In register_custom_post_type

Alex Andrews awgandrews at gmail.com
Wed May 4 12:47:46 UTC 2011

Hi all,

Registering a custom post type one uses 'rewrite' to setup simple
re-write structures, using slug to simply define where the archive is
then where our posts of that type therefore will be. But what if
someone wanted something more complicated? Apparently we can pass an
array to slug, but how does this work? Say we wanted to pass some
clever query variables along and so on or perhaps have /x/y/z with a
custom front etc. Is there any codex on this or a good tutorial?

Thanks in advance,

All the best,

Alex