[wp-hackers] [GSoC] profiles.wordpress.org

Stas Sușcov stas at nerd.ro
Tue Mar 29 22:00:42 UTC 2011

În data de Ma, 29-03-2011 la 12:23 -0700, Eric Mann a scris:
> Stas,
>
> You'd have to write it up in more detail for anyone to "confirm" anything.
> It sounds like an interesting idea, but we need more information about what
> you want to do.

I'll give it a try.

Afaik profiles.wordpress.org now uses BuddyPress, so I will start by
proposing moving away from BuddyPress, all the ideas I will list below
will use only WordPress.

Engine
------

The biggest challenge for profiles/.org is how the profiles will be
updated. So far the shown data is mainly a result from fetching RSS
feeds from:
* support forums
* trac/core.svn
* trac/plugins.svn