[wp-hackers] [GSoC] Language Packs

Stas Sușcov stas at nerd.ro
Tue Mar 29 20:59:32 UTC 2011

În data de Ma, 29-03-2011 la 16:06 -0400, Andrew Nacin a scris:
> Those, again, could be generated automatically and imported into
> GlotPress.

Not sure,
additional work would be required to create "sanboxes" where code is
checked out from svn, parsed, and than imported into GP.
All of this can be handled by devs by simply using a standard directory
(lets say `languages`) or adding a new line in `readme.txt` with the
location of .pot file. Also by asking them to offer .pot file, you make
sure the author did his homework and read about localization api.

Anyway, I wouldn't touch GP at all from that side, and work on a
"bridge/pot-bot" as you and I already mentioned that will handle all the
imports and voted plugins in translation queue.

Another question that rises is plugin directory api, that one will also
require an update. So the plugin installation process will include a
confirmation from a user if he wants to also download the translation
for the new/updated plugin.