[wp-hackers] innodb vs myisam

Frank Bueltge frank at bueltge.de
Mon Mar 28 18:09:15 UTC 2011

I notice a performance boost on comments, if i use innodb.
And on posts, esspecilly pages it is not better, same values.

On myisam you have an blocking on change/write access on tables, innodb has
this not - was create for banking-access, is more secure in the idea. But
myisam can compressive different access and innodb write datas on harddisc
and so it is possible, innodb is slower.

But i think, mySQL 5.5 has innodb as default and is faster than older
version, maybe you can test with a newer version from mySQL.

Best regards
Frank