[wp-hackers] Which PHP IDE do you use?

Louis McCoy louie at louiemccoy.com
Thu Mar 24 23:56:34 UTC 2011

I'd throw my support to Komodo as well. PHP bug-checking and including ALL
the WordPress functions (assuming you tell it where the code is) as well as
jQuery syntax helpers is invaluable. Best IDE I think I've ever used, bar
none. The free version is almost as good as the full IDE:
http://www.activestate.com/komodo-edit and is certainly good for the "try it
before you buy it" bit.

But like Dave said, they're like cars or sports teams - everyone prefers
something different. I recommend installing several free ones, giving them
all a good shot, and making your decision after you've used them all.

-Louie