[wp-hackers] Which PHP IDE do you use?

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Thu Mar 24 22:47:59 UTC 2011

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 5:42 PM, Glenn Pegden <glenn at pegden.com> wrote:
> I use Eclipse, because I like an IDE that can do absolutely everything :)

When I was doing non-WordPress PHP coding for a job, I used the
Eclipse IDE with the PHP extensions (whatever they're calling it
nowadays, that thing changes names a lot). Also used the SVN
extensions for it, which are frankly awesome.

Eclipse is one of those IDEs that is difficult to setup and get
working the way you want it, and it has a learning curve like the
Matterhorn, but once you really start using it, it's highly efficient
and fast. The project management becomes easier to deal with, working
with a team for a project becomes much simpler, deployment can be done
automatically if you want, etc. Plus, can't beat free.

And if you want to write in Java, it does that really well too. Call
me crazy, but I like Java sometimes.

-Otto