[wp-hackers] Which PHP IDE do you use?

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at newclarity.net
Thu Mar 24 22:16:37 UTC 2011

On Mar 24, 2011, at 6:02 PM, John 3:16 Media wrote:
> Ok so I've decided I should look into a PHP IDE.  I've been using notepad++
> but I think I need a full fledged IDE.  I'm interested to hear any
> recommendations from you.  Free is always good but if the feature set is
> good and the price is right, say $100 or less, I'd consider it.  So what
> would you recommend?

I'm a huge fan of PhpStorm after evaluating NetBeans and other options on the Mac (also works on Windows and Linux.)  I've been a bit active reporting issues[1], but they've taken care of most everything that really needed fixing, and the integration with Zend Debugger rocks. Plus, it's $1 less than your price ceiling for a personal license, or free for O/S development[2]. :)

-Mike
[1] http://youtrack.jetbrains.net/issues/WI?q=by:+mikeschinkel
[2] http://www.jetbrains.com/phpstorm/buy/