[wp-hackers] Plugin developer "toolbox"

Brian Layman wp-hackers at thecodecave.com
Thu Mar 24 14:56:04 UTC 2011

On 3/24/2011 9:49 AM, Chris Taylor - stillbreathing.co.uk wrote:
> I have a few questions. Firstly is there anything like this already
> available. Secondly, while I'll no doubt think of other "tools" that
> will make my plugin development easier in the future, what could you
> add to this list? Thirdly, do any of you have other methods, code
> libraries etc to help you stop writing boilerplate code?
I don't know of  any as sophisticated as what you are proposing.  My
suggestion for #2 is actually in conflict with #3. I'd like to have some
more boilerplates to chose from, in that it would be great to have a
wizard that says, this plugin needs an options page, it modifies posts,
or is a widget that needs options or any of a number of standard plugin
actions and then have it create the basic code structure for you to
build on and modify the properties of in the IDE.

I'd love to see it once you get some basic functionality in...

--
Brian Layman
http://eHermitsInc.com