[wp-hackers] GSoC2011: Project Proposal (WP move & progress bars)

Neeraj Agarwal nee.agl at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 19:04:39 UTC 2011

Hey Hackers,

I plan to take up this project to allow easy domain as well as hosting
shifting WP installations along with all posts & settings. We need to
extract all information from the database, template, plugins, etc.

This would also allow the user to move the WP to a different directory on
the same domain.. ex: www.mydomain.com to www.mydomain.com/blog

I think, we can cover up this project well before the GSoC's deadline so we
can club the other project which involves integrating "Progress Bars" with
the WP. This can be added across all admin sections as well as users' pages
where they need to wait for some processing to be over. We can definitely
use some existing open source solution and integrate with our WP.

Please pool in your suggestions/ comments.

--
Regards,
Neeraj Agarwal