[wp-hackers] [GSoC2011] Integrating Facebook and other social networks with a personal WP / BuddyPress

Eric Mann eric at eam.me
Tue Mar 22 15:07:55 UTC 2011

Integrating WordPress with a social network like Facebook or some version of
Diaspora is interesting ... but more because we'd all like to see how it
could be done and how it could be done *well*.

Are you thinking along the lines of pulling in content from an external
source, pushing content out to an external source, hosting a Diaspora-based
system within WordPress or BuddyPress?

How would you convert a WordPress site into "a complete social ID?"  What
exactly does that mean, what would it look like, and who would the end user
be?