[wp-hackers] Confused regarding ideas for GSOC 2011

Aaron Jorbin aaron at jorb.in
Tue Mar 22 03:51:10 UTC 2011

On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 8:15 AM, Gaurav Aggarwal
<gaurav91.2008 at gmail.com> wrote:
> 3* User Notification and support*
>

> This idea is an extension of "New User Walkthrough". Instead of keeping a
> module only for new installation we could keep it this way. We will create a
> *Health Index* for Wordpress installation which initially will be determined
> by tasks like pick a theme, change your password, edit your tagline, choose
> your comment settings, etc. After all this new user tasks notifications like
> availability of updates of Wordpress , important plugins like Akismet ,
> pending comments , etc will determine Health Index. Depending on Health
> Index user may be send email/sms notifications like Wordpress installation
> is in Critical Stage, etc.

You may want to look at the Health Check plugin (or more specifically
what has been talked about for it) as inspiration.
https://westi.wordpress.com/2009/12/26/giving-your-wordpress-a-check-up/
would be a good place to start.

http://aaron.jorb.in
twitter: twitter.com/aaronjorbin