[wp-hackers] Cron Tasks doesn't update_options

Craig Russell craig at craig-russell.co.uk
Mon Mar 21 22:12:56 UTC 2011

Hello,

It seems like cronned tasks can't update options in my setup.

I've written a basic plugin to illustrate the effect here
https://github.com/craig552uk/cron-plugin/blob/master/main.php
The plugin simply updates a stored option to the current time each
time it is run.
The settings page of the plugin shows the scheduled time for the task
to run (which updates) and the stored time (which does not update).

Am I overlooking something in my configuration?
Are there any special server configs for cron to run correctly?
Or is this a more general problem with cron? (probably not this)

Any help greatly appreciated.

-Craig