[wp-hackers] GSoC 2011: Wordpress for Honeycomb

Dan Roundhill dan at automattic.com
Mon Mar 21 16:29:26 UTC 2011

Hi Pascal,
That could be an excellent fit for a GSoC project. I manage the Android app and we have been getting quite a few requests to optimize the app experience for Honeycomb tablets lately.

Do you have any experience creating Android apps?  If not at least some Java experience would be preferred.  You're right about the fragments API, which would require that we bump up our minimum version to Android 1.6 which isn't too big of a deal since most devices are at least running that now.

Let's talk further on this in the #wordpress-gsoc channel in irc.freenode.net (I'm 'mrroundhill' there), or you can find the other wp-android devs hanging out at http://dev.android.wordpress.org

- Dan