[wp-hackers] Confused regarding ideas for GSOC 2011

Beau Lebens beau at dentedreality.com.au
Sun Mar 20 16:57:07 UTC 2011

> I have gone through the present android app for mobiles and I think it is
> dedicated for posts, comments and pages. Since exact idea was not mentioned
> on idea's page. I think I could try and develop complete admin section
> interface including features like plugin settings, widget, user management,
> etc since we are dealing with tablets. We just need to implement a clean
> client side for XML-rpc calls.

While I love the idea of someone working on one of the mobile apps, I
think a single person trying to tackle a complete rebuild of the admin
UI is way bigger than is going to get done during a GSoC project. From
reading the description on Codex[1] I think all that's being suggested
is to take the current app, and make it work on Android Tablets
properly, taking into account different sized screen, any variations
in UX that might make sense with more space (or with changed aspect
ratios etc) and call it a day.

HTH.

[1] http://codex.wordpress.org/GSoC2011#Android_Tablet_Support_.280.29