[wp-hackers] GSoC 2011: Wordpress for Honeycomb

Pascal Chatterjee pascal.chatterjee at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 14:54:11 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

My name is Pascal Chatterjee and I would like to work on developing a
version of the Wordpress application for Android tablets as a Google Summer
of Code project.

I've had a quick look at the code for the existing Android application and
it seems to me that it should be possible to keep the same logic - XML-RPC
communication with the backend etc - while rewriting all the UI elements to
use the new Fragments API. With a bit of work it should be possible to
create an application that will be able to dynamically adapt its UI to both
mobile phones and tablets, instead of having to create a new tablet
application from scratch. This won't even affect backwards compatibility
with older versions of Android as Google is making the Fragments API
available as a static library that can be bundled with the apk.

Let me know if you have any feedback about this idea.

Thanks,

Pascal.
--
Pascal Chatterjee