[wp-hackers] resetting post IDs

Kevin Newman CaptainN at unFocus.com
Tue Mar 15 21:52:42 UTC 2011

Hello,

I'm trying to manually mix two installs of Wordpress with two sets of
posts that have overlapping IDs.

I'm comfortable updating the IDs in the necessary places - the question
is, what are those places?

So far, the easy ones are:
posts->ID
postmeta->post_id
comments->comment_post_ID

Additionally, it looks like some of the object_id values may need to be
updated in the various terms and taxonomy tables.

Anyone know for sure?

Using the import/export feature simply didn't work, and I didn't try the
various plugins. I'm trying to retain the IDs of the larger data set
(which is what I'm importing to the smaller one) - because they are
using a permalink structure in an existing site that relies on that data
(at least I think it does - /archives/post_id? - I'll need to check on
that).

Thanks,

Kevin N.