[wp-hackers] Plugin Licensing

Trent Martin trentmar at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 19:12:56 UTC 2011

> How is this kind of challenge beneficial to the community or your
argument?
> If you want anyone to support your position, try to take a less abrasive
> tone when sending out a mass message.  P

I apologize for being abrasive, but I really do feel shunned. Yes everyone
has a right to ignore me because of my product, people don't have to accept
my advertising money, and I am not saying they do. Those are just examples
of how much I am shunned, that they won't even take my money.

Despite this I have done very well with my plugin, I have made over $200,000
since I first wrote it several years ago, although sales are steadily
declining nowadays. But besides the money, I would just like to be a part of
the community. Can you imagine how it felt when I decided to become a major
sponsor of a Word Camp and was told they didn't want my money?

This isn't about legal definitions, I got distracted there, it's about the
fact that you follow Matt or you are out of the community, which is why I
have to use an alias just to participate on this list.